This year I read 76 Books. 20 that were released in 2018.
Top 5 Best of 2018:
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager – I was floored by some of the twist, and just a really fun novel that keeps you guessing until the very end, and this novel is one of the better follow ups to a debut (Final Girls), In quite some time.
- Circe by Madeline Miller – This is an interesting character piece that it takes a through a the decades long life of Circe, as she grows as a powerful goddess and also develops her humanity. First Madeline Miller read but will not be my last.
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin This novel ask an interesting question, how would you live your life if it was foretold to you the day of your death? Four siblings are foretold their death date and we see how they live their life and if the predictions are accurate or not. I didn’t like all the siblings stories but this novel really made me think.
- The Book of M by Peng Shepherd A fantastic debut for Peng Sheperd with Book of M. This book was a grippy bloody post apocalyptic nightmare, that also at it’s heart is a love story full of magic. This book was a ride with a jaw dropping twist.
- Vengful by V.E. Schwab Vengeful the sequel to Vicious continues the dark story of the Victor Vale and Eli Evers feud. It wasn’t your standard good Vs. evil it was kind of evil thinking he was good Vs. evil that still has some good in him. I love what does for the super hero genre.
Honorable Mentions – The Outsider by Stephen King, Vox by Christina Dalcher, The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay, The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn, and Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi